Latest Refinery Strike Reveals 'Zero Safe Areas in the Russian Distant Backlines'
Ukrainian drones have hit Russia's oil processing plant in the city of Ufa, located some 1,400 kilometers from Ukraine, resulting in explosions and a inferno, as reported by a informed individual in Ukraine's Security Service.
This constitutes the 3rd Ukrainian security service deep strike in Bashkortostan in the past month. Such strikes show that there are no secure zones in the deep rear of the Russian Federation.
Ukrainian President Appeals to Trump to Facilitate Ceasefire in the Conflict
Volodymyr Zelenskyy appealed to the US President to mediate a ceasefire in Ukraine during a phone call on Saturday.
"Provided that a hostilities can be ended in one region, then certainly further hostilities can be stopped as well, including the Russian war," the President said, commending the US President's "outstanding" Middle East truce proposal and requesting the American leader to pressure the Moscow into discussions.
Russian Attacks Take Victims in Ukraine
Moscow's assaults on Ukraine resulted in the deaths of five people on the weekend and caused blackouts to parts of the southern Odesa oblast, as stated by authorities in Ukraine.
Two civilians were killed inside a place of worship in the town when it was hit, according to municipal sources.
In the Russian border region of Belgorod, a truck driver was lost his life by a attack from Ukraine, according to local officials.
Electricity Recovery Operations in Kyiv
Efforts continued on the weekend to recover electricity in the Ukrainian capital, after strikes by Moscow.
Electricity had been restored to in excess of 800,000 citizens by the weekend and the biggest private energy company announced the main operations to restore power was complete though certain disruptions continued.
Anti-Aircraft Actions and UAV Jamming
The Ukrainian anti-aircraft systems intercepted or jammed 54 of 78 Russian drones sent towards Ukraine in the dark hours, the military said on the weekend.
Russia's defense officials stated it shot down 42 enemy drones over its own soil.
Cuba Denies Accusations of Providing Soldiers to Ukraine
The Cuban government on Saturday refuted American assertions it has deployed soldiers to participate in the Ukraine war, while declaring the government "do not have exact details about Cuban nationals" engaged "independently" or "within the troops of the conflicting parties".
The foreign ministry in Havana stated 26 nationals had been sentenced to prison terms ranging from 5 to 14 years for participating as mercenaries since September 2023 when reports circulated of Cuban nationals being deployed to the battlefield in the conflict.
I Want to Live Program Reports Information on Cuban National Enlistment
I Want to Live, a Ukrainian government project that encourages enemy combatants to surrender, stated in May: "We have confirmed the identities and information of over a thousand individuals who enlisted with the Russian military in 2023-2024."
The government in Havana commented of those who might be participating: "It is irrefutable that none of them has the support, commitment, or authorization of the Cuban state for their actions."
Kin of Cubans who left for the Russian Federation in the year informed international media at the time that their family members had been deceptively recruited through advertisements on digital networks.